sentosa merlion tower
What does it take to guard the prosperity of Singapore?
A 37 metre-tall mythical creature to be precise. If you think you’ve seen and heard it all, there’s more to the legend inside. Who knows, you could be in luck to uncover more than just curious tales upon making a grand entrance into the larger-than-life icon.
- Valid everyday, including weekends and Public Holidays
- Sentosa Merlion Tower : Opening Hours 10am - 8pm daily (last entry 7.30pm)
- Child aged 3 - 12 years old
- This Purchase is not valid with other promotions, discounts and/or online purchases
- No claims will be entertained for any lost, torn, defaced or expired ticket
- Each admission ticket is entitled to one (1) time entry only
- Multiple purchases allowed
- Island Admission is not included
- Splendid view of the city from inside the Merlion mouth
- Rediscover the magic of our own island getaway
- Picture-perfect views of Sentosa from the Merlion's crown
- Bring home your very own collectible Prosperity Coin after visiting the Merlion
- Valid on all days including weekends, public and school holidays
- Choose to enjoy all the activities on the same day or spread out the fun
- Great for families with young children, couples and groups of friends
Details of Attraction
The legendary Merlion is a half lion half fish guardian of prosperity which personifies Singapore’s history as a port city. The lion depicts the folklore of Prince Sang Nila Utama’s rediscovery of lion (singa) and City (pura) while the fish tail symbolises ancient fishing village of Temasek, meaning “sea” in Javanese. Today, the majestic Merlion is a Singapore icon attracting visitors from all around the world. Visitors can go inside this 12-story statue of the mythical half-lion, half-fish creature that looks out over the entire city.Legend has it that the Merlion would visit Sentosa Island every year to guard Singapore’s well-being. One dark night, the island was threatened by a violent storm and the Merlion fought the thundering skies with its magical powers and preserved the land. This mighty legend remained permanently on the Island through the years to protect Singapore by watching over the ever changing skyline of the Central Business District area and harbour, as well as the country’s economic growth through numerous financial crises.
When you step inside the Merlion – an enduring icon of Singapore that's half-lion and half-fish – you'll be transported to the depths of the ocean to meet legendary sea dragons and mythical mermaids
If you think you’ve seen and heard it all, there’s more to the legend inside. Who knows, you could be in luck to uncover more than just curious tales upon making a grand entrance into the larger-than-life icon.
Re-live the origins of the Merlion in a captivating animated feature and visit the Mercubs to discover what fortune has in store for you.